(Junior) Legal Counsel
Vidanova Bank N.V. is seeking a highly-motivated (Junior) Legal Counsel to join our legal team.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three to five years’ experience working in a corporate environment. Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must as is being accurate and detailed. Key qualifications include working well under pressure and possessing good computer skills with a working knowledge of standard office technology and equipment.
The position involves working closely with our in house Legal Counsel and the legal and credit assistant to advice Management regarding several legal matters, review contracts in both English and in Dutch, writing letters, coordination related to foreclosures, (third party) attachments, etc. It requires a strong ability to review, analyze and comment on detailed documents, and to conduct specialty research for various (international) projects. A thorough knowledge of corporate law and the banking industry is required to meet this position’s expectations.
This function will have varied duties and diverse tasks from one day to the next. It is important to possess the ability to communicate effectively. It is equally important to be flexible, be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and to be nimble in our fast-growing dynamic company. From contract analysis to advising Management on corporate issues, the (Junior) Legal Counsel ensures legal conformity of the Bank and minimizes the probability of exposure. Together with the legal team the (Junior) Legal Counsel safeguards our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows applicable law, regulations and guidelines as set by the banking supervision authorities.
Responsibilities and Duties
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on (credit) agreements, syndicated loan documentation, other legal documents and correspondence
- to assist the Legal Counsel in advising both management and the departments on any legal issues.
- to assist departments with any trouble shooting with respect to legal issues
- to maintain regular contact with external lawyers regarding pending court cases and provide external lawyers with both written and verbal information whenever needed.
- To coordinate legal attachments, inquiries and investigations as ordered from time to time by official government authorities
- Advising and drafting of letters related to the collection of problem loans, organizing of auctions and other collection measures
- advice management with respect to legal issues related to governance and compliance policies, regulations of the banking supervision authorities, employment law, conflict of interest policies, corporate structures and other legal issues as needed
- Other related duties as assigned
Qualification and Skills
Education and Experience
- Master in law
- Thorough knowledge of legal terminology, principles and practices
- In depth knowledge of local laws and regulations
- Ability to analyze consequences of international laws and regulations
- Relevant computer software knowledge and experience (Adobe Acrobat, MS Office applications including Outlook, Word and Excel, etc)
- Three to five years of recent and relevant experience, preferably working with finance and/or real estate transactions either in a law firm or in-house legal department
- Excellent writing skills in English and Dutch
- Analytical skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Hands on mentality
- Planning and organization
- Strong communication skills
- Stress tolerance
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Other Required Skills and Attributes
- The ability to work independently, set priorities, exercise independent judgment, and problem solve
- Demonstrated analytical ability, excellent oral and written communication skills, and superb attention to detail
- The ability to handle multiple assignments, work well under pressure, be agile in responding to immediate, shifting priorities, and meet accelerated deadlines without sacrificing quality of work
- The ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with all levels of personnel, clients and prospects
- A positive attitude and solid sense of humor
Job type: Full-time
We offer the right candidate a very competitive remuneration package and excellent career opportunity within the bank.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae and covering letter via e-mail to:
Vidanova Bank N.V., attn. Mrs. G. Koeiman, Human Resources Department: [email protected], but not later than December 16th, 2022. You can find more information about our organization on our website: www.vidanova-bank.com.
All applications will be treated on a strictly confidential basis.